- Certified Permaculture Designer, Oregon State University/ USA
- Masters of Landscape Architecture, University of Minnesota, USA
- Masters of Landscape Architecture, University of Forestry, Bulgaria
SCOPE OF SILVIA'S CONSULTING WORK:
Defending and protecting the natural systems within each project. Regenerating ecosystems by increasing biodiversity and restoring the carrying capacity of the land.
By understanding the site conditions - climate, ecology, soil and water cycles, we can design ecological resilience and provide abundant food production. Silvia takes an information-based approach to identify how these systems function and interact within the specific site to design homesteads and food production systems that meet the needs, goals and budget of the client while regenerating the local ecology.
HER APPROACH TO CONSULTING:
- Assessment of the specific site conditions and ecological issues of the site
- Understanding the clients’ goals and needs for the project
- Designing regenerative food production systems, adapted to the specific site conditions for arid and moist tropical and subtropical climates
- Creating graphics, hand-drawings and renderings to better communicate ideas with clients and investors
- Designing water management systems to increase infiltration, water holding capacity of the soil, and reduce run-off and erosion
- Increasing biodiversity and native species for long-term resilience